This is next generation CP2102 USB/TTL Breakout Board with Additional Signals which are not present in other similar Converters. This is a great little tool for embedded systems that require a serial connection to a computer. The board can simply attach to a USB bus via a standard type B female connector and will appear as a standard COM port.
Thes CP2102 doesn’t require any external oscillator, it has an on-board voltage regulator, and it even uses a re-programmable internal EEPROM for the device description. The full hardware UART has flow control for baud rates from 300bps to 921600bps. This breakout also allows you to connect the TX/RX pins of your favorite microcontroller or serial application to the RX/TX pins of the breakout, creating a simple serial cable replacement.
- Windows XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8/8.1,
- Windows 2K,
- WinCE 6.0 (2.1), WinCE 5.0 (2.1)
- Macintosh OSX (v3.1)
- Linux 3.x.x, Linux 2.6.x
- Android 4.2
- Implements full v2.0 USB protocol
- On board status indicator lights for RX and TX
- Internal 1024 Bytes EEPROM for device ID and Product Description strings
- Internal 640 Byte TX buffer
- Internal 576 Byte RX buffer
- Absolute Maximum Ratings table in datasheet suggests that Voltage on any I/O Pin or RST with respect to GND can be upto 5.8V. Which indirectly implies that the Input pins are 5.0V tolerant and can be connected with microcontroller or embedded boards running at 5.0V without requiring voltage level translation.
This is a USB 2.0 to TTL UART 6PIN CP2102 Module Serial Converter
Designed to be used for USB to TTL electronic projects
TTL interface output, Connect MCU easily to your computer
Built-in USB to RS232 Transfer chip
USB specification 2.0 compliant with full-speed 12Mbps
Standard USB type A male and TTL 6pin connector. 6pins for 3.3V, RST, TXD, RXD, GND & +5V
Event character support Line break transmission
USB suspend states supported via SUSPEND pins
Temperature Range: -40? to +85?
Supports Windows 98SE, 2000, XP, Vista, Window7, Mac OS 9, Mac OS X & Linux 2.40
use the same driver as CP2102 module
- DTR (LVTTL 3.3V)
- RXD (LVTTL 3.3V)
- TXD (LVTTL 3.3V)
- 3.3V Regulator Output (<100mA)
Additional Signal List
- Programming of Arduino Pro Mini with Automatic RESET through DTR pin
- Programming of Microcontrollers that can be programmed using serial boot loaders at 3.3V or 5.0V logic levels
- Burn write STC MCU,NXP MCU,renesas MCU,NEC MCU
- Data exchange between microcontroller and Desktop or Laptop Computers
- Connection with GPS Devices
- Connection with various external Phones, or modems, GSM Modules
- All other applications requiring USB/Serial/TTL interface.
- Router,HDD,ADSL,broad band modem firmware upgrade
- Cellphone,XBOX360,GPS serial communication,vehicle inspection and test, dvd flash and so on
- Simple UART communication,commonly used UART debugging tools in supper terminal
- USB signal transferred to TTL signal,may be used by electronic enthusiasts
- Two data transmission indicator can monitor data transfer status in real time
- 3.3V and 5V power supply interface,easy for the DDWRT of different voltage system that need power.