The CC3D EVO board from the OpenPilot project is an all in one flight controller which can be used with any air-frame and is popular with FPV racers due to it’s small size, the CC3D board is 36 x 36mm and is only 6 grams. The small PCB board that forms the CC3D EVO is a 4 layer PCB for superior electrical noise reduction and flight performanceThe CC3D flight controller can also be found in fixed wing aircraft and multirotors up to an octocopter, the powerful and user friendly OpenPilot Ground Control Station (GCS) software enables the CC3D Evo too be configured and monitored. The CC3D EVO will provide you with a crisp confident feel when flying tricopters, quad’s, hexa’s, octocopter’s or fixed wing planes.
With the CopterControl Hardware Features of the CC3D EVO you are able to directly plug in the satellite receiver from Spektrum radios (there is no need for a conversion cable). The powerful STM32 32-bit microcontroller running at 90MIPs with 128KB Flash and 20KB RAM in the CC3D Evo boad means that 3-axis high-performance MEMs gyros and 3-axis high-performance MEMs accelerometer can operate at their optimum for the best flight performance.
- Tiny 36mmx36mm 4 layer PCB for superior electrical noise reduction and flight performance.
- Software support for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Direct high speed USB support with no drivers required, a truly plug and play device.
- Spektrum satellite receiver support.
- Futaba S-BUS hardware support.
- Innovative Flexi-port technology for superior port flexibility.
- 4Mbits on-board EEPROM for configuration storage.
CopterControl also offers the innovative Flexi-port which provides either I2C connectivity or a second serial port. Flexi-port gives CopterControl the flexibility to use either I2C
and a single serial port or dual serial ports, according to your connectivity needs.
Superior user experience
OpenPilot has tried to make your experience with the CC3D as easy and trouble-free as possible. Naturally for a high-end product, the hardware is complete; there is nothing to solder. The included RC harness allows you to connect any standard PWM receiver. All CopterControl boards are tested before shipping and come with bootloader already flashed. A standard mini-USB cable (not included) is used to load the latest firmware and configure everything for your unique airframe.
The OpenPilot project, whist still young, it trying to make Open Source much more user friendly. OpenPilot software is designed to be used by everybody! All major operating systems are supported and install packages are provided. The software is all Free software under the GPLv3 license and not only are you welcome to hack it, but we encourage it!
Sensors and Components
- 3-axis Gupports several common RC inputs: 6 PWM channels, combined PPM, Spektrum/JR DSM2,
- Supports several common RC inputs: 6 PWM channels, combined PPM, Spektrum/JR DSM2, DSMJ, DSMX satellites, and Futaba S.Bus receivers.
- Simultaneous support for multiple receivers.
- ReceiverPort functions (configurable): 6 PWM input channels or combined PPM stream, 4 PWM output channels
- MainPort functions (configurable): serial telemetry (default), GPS, S.Bus, Spektrum/JR satellites
- FlexiPort (configurable): serial telemetry, GPS, Spektrum/JR satellites, or I2C peripherals (under development)
- 10 PWM outputs to servos or ESC’s, or for camera stabilization
- Camera stabilization: supports up to 3-axis camera mounts with stabilization and manual control from any of configured receivers.
- Onboard USB connectivity for easy configuration.
- USB and serial telemetry and configuration
- Supported by powerful OpenPilot GCS
- 4 Mbit onboard memory
- 3C Quaternion based complementary filter running at 500Hz
- 1 x CC3D EVO Flight Controller STRAIGHT PIN
- 1 x 6 pin JST-SH cable for PWM receiver connection
- 2 x 4 pin JST-SH cable for expansion ports
- 1 x Damping Board for the flight controller
- 1 x Antenna Base for the radio receiver
- 1 x double sided mounting sticker