The AT89C51 is a low-power, high-performance CMOS 8-bit microcomputer with 4 Kbytes of Flash Programmable and Erasable Read Only Memory (PEROM). The device is manufactured using Atmel’s high density nonvolatile memory technology and is compatible with the industry standard MCS-51 instruction set and pinout.
The on-chip Flash allows the program memory to be reprogrammed in-system or by a conventional nonvolatile memory programmer. By combining a versatile 8-bit CPU with Flash on a monolithic chip, the Atmel AT89C51 is a powerful microcomputer which provides a highly flexible and cost effective solution to many embedded control applications.
The AT89C51 provides the following standard features: 4Kbytes of Flash, 128 bytes of RAM, 32 I/O lines, two 16-bit timer/counters, a five vector two-level interrupt architecture, a full duplex serial port, on-chip oscillator and clock circuitry. In addition, the AT89C51 is designed with static
logic for operation down to zero frequency and supports two software selectable power saving modes. The Idle Mode stops the CPU while allowing the RAM, timer/counters,
1. Compatible with MCS-51 Products
2. 4 Kbytes of In-System Reprogrammable Flash Memory. Endurance 1,000 Write/Erase Cycles
3. Fully Static Operation: 0 Hz to 24 MHz
4. Three-Level Program Memory Lock
5. 128 x 8-Bit Internal RAM
6. 32 Programmable I/O Lines
7. Two 16-Bit Timer/Counters
8. Six Interrupt Sources
9. Programmable Serial Channel
10. Low Power Idle and Power Down Modes