CELL PHONE CONTROLLED ROBOT WITHOUT A MICROCONTROLLER

Home Forums PROJECT CELL PHONE CONTROLLED ROBOT WITHOUT A MICROCONTROLLER

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kusal Wijesingha 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ifuture

You may have come across many schematics and projects about a cell phone controlled land rover in many websites. But this is not the same. This article will show you how to make a cell phone controlled land rover without using a microcontroller. You read it right we are not going to use any kind of costly microcontroller for making the rover.

Description

We’ll just need a DTMF decoder MT8870 and a motor driver L293d for making it. So no circuit complexity, no costly ICs and no programming required.

A DTMF decoder is a device which takes a signal from the headset line of a cell phone and gives a 4 bit output corresponding key pressed in the cell phone. Whenever a key is pressed in the mobile, a sum of two fixed frequency is sent as input to the decoder IC. This IC converts the number into its corresponding binary value for example if 3 is pressed its binary value 0011 is produced at the output.

The motor driver L293d can control 2 motors bi-directionally and has 4 inputs. The 4 outputs from the decoder IC is fed into the 4 inputs of the motor driver directly without using complicated circuits.

The Table below shows you how the Robo works :-
    Components:-
    Attachments:

do i need to put some program on this project?if ever i need to put some on it please send me a copy of your program and please inform me what kind of programming software you used.

Admin

No dear.. No need to do any program for this…

i can`t find 3.75 MHz crystal in sri lanka.then have any similar range crystal to use?
    please help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.